As the hype builds around the Kansas City Chiefs battle against the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl LVIII, there's another pressing Super Bowl question on everyone’s mind: What will Taylor Swift be drinking in the Chiefs skybox? According to the undefeated Internet, Tay Tay - an avid Friend of the Program - was recently seen appreciating a French Blonde while out with boyfriend Travis Kelce. Rumor has it, this is her favorite cocktail. Though originally made with vodka, the current variation features gin and Lillet Blanc; ingredients it shares with the Corpse Reviver. However, the French Blonde also includes elderflower liqueur and grapefruit juice, which gives it a tart yet sweet fix. It doesn't matter if you tune into the Super Bowl for the football, the commercials, or the halftime show - Usher, baby! - the French Blonde will level set your karma and make any evening more enjoyable.
French Blonde Ingredients
- 1 oz. Gin
- 2 oz. Lillet Blanc
- 1/2 oz. Elderflower Liqueur
- 2 oz. Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- 3 dashes Lemon Bitters
How To Make A French Blonde
- Chill a coupe glass with ice water.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, then add gin, Lillet Blanc, elderflower liqueur, grapefruit juice, and lemon bitters.
- Shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds, until cold.
- Strain into glass.
- Garnish with a grapefruit slice or lemon peal (optional).
Before pouring the cocktail, rim the glass with edible gold flakes. This dazzling addition adds an extra touch of luxury, and elevates the French Blonde to superstar status.