Originating in the pages of Ian Fleming's James Bond spy novels, the Vesper is more than just a drink; it's a statement. With its intriguing blend of gin, vodka, and the French wine-based aperitif Lillet Blanc, this Martini-adjacent libation is the epitome of elegance. Join us as we unravel the history and flavors of the Vesper, guiding you through the creation of a cocktail that embodies the sexiness and danger of a soiree with 007 himself.
Vesper Cocktail Recipe
- Fill a mixing glass with ice.
- Pour in the gin, vodka, and Lillet Blanc.
- Stir the mixture well until thoroughly chilled.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Express the oils from a lemon twist over the drink and then add it to the glass as a garnish.
Pro-Tip For an extra layer of allure, use high-quality gin and vodka to accentuate the botanical and smooth characteristics of the Vesper. Precision in stirring is key to achieving the perfect balance.
Hot Remix - The Vesper Rouge Inject a touch of warmth into the Vesper by substituting Lillet Blanc with Lillet Rouge. The Vesper Rouge infuses a subtle hint of red wine complexity, transforming this classic cocktail into a richer, more nuanced experience.