Named after the New York City borough where it was born, the Manhattan cocktail is essentially a martini for whiskey drinkers. This iconic libation originated in the 1800s and, unlike the Old Fashioned, is served up. But don't let the fancy glass fool you, the classic Manhattan only requires five ingredients and can be made in minutes.
- 2 oz Rye Whiskey
- 1/4 oz Sweet Vermouth
- 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- 2 Luxardo Cherries
- Fill a mixing glass with ice.
- Add rye whiskey, sweet vermouth, and bitters.
- Stir gently until cold, then strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Spear the cherries with a toothpick and lay in your cocktail.
Pro-Tip Experiment with different bitters to create your own flavor profile.
Hot Remix Take your Manhattan to the top of the Empire State Building by using one of TSR's Jack Daniel's "Game Changer" barrel picks. If it's good enough for Ol' Blues Eyes, it's good enough for you.