The classic Bloody Mary with vodka is a brunch-menu mainstay, but substituting gin makes the cocktail a work of art. Gin's botanical complexity transforms a mediocre glass of mixed tomato juice into a refreshing, herbaceous delight. It's the perfect twist for those who want to add a dash of sophistication to their mornings.
- 1 1/2 oz Gin
- 3 oz Tomato Juice
- 1/2 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Horseradish
- 2 Dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Dashes Soy Sauce
- 1 Dash Hot Sauce (adjust to taste)
- Celery Stalk and Lemon Wheel for garnish
Bloody Mary Recipe
- Fill a shaker with ice.
- Add all your ingredients and stir gently for 30 seconds.
- In a highball glass, place your lemon wheel on the bottom, then add ice and a celery stalk.
- Strain the shaker into the glass and give it one final stir.
Pro-Tip For an extra layer of botanical goodness, choose a gin with prominent botanicals like juniper, coriander, or citrus. This will elevate the herbal notes in your Bloody Mary.
Hot Remix Try an "Italian Mary" by using an Italian-style gin and garnishing with fresh basil leaves and a cherry tomato on a skewer. It's a Mediterranean twist that will transport your taste buds to the Amalfi Coast. Cheers!