Real Minero • Espadin | Mezcal
Who Dey price
The family behind Real Minero has been making mezcal for several generations and they're known worldwide for their small batch bottlings. Their mezcal is produced in clay pot stills, then rested in glass for several months before bottling. This gives their products a signature mouthfeel that's soft and full bodied. Supported by the local community, Real Minero also operates an agave reforestation program that's saved several agave varietals from extinction. The flavors of their Espadin mezcal vary from batch to batch but are most often noted to be sweet and fruity (plums, strawberries, cherries) with a soft touch of smoke, vanilla and mint.
- Mezcalero Edgar Angeles Carreño
- Village Santa Catarina Minas, Oaxaca
- Mash Bill 100% Espadin Agave. 10 years old.
- Mill Electric
- Oven Cooked in underground conical ovens
- Fermentation Open air in 1500-liter pine vats
- Still Double distilled in clay pots
- Proof 91.8 / 45.9% ABV. Varies by batch.
- Yield Approximately 1000 Bottles. Varies by batch.