The Michter's Social With Distiller Matt Bell
In December, we selected 16 members to attend a special year-end event sponsored by Michter's. Hosted by Freemans in New York City, the portfolio tasting and discussion was led by Distiller/Director of Production Matt Bell.
After cocktails, Matt answered all the questions. We covered Michter's unique method of low-entry proof maturation, the advanced technology used at the Shively distillery, the barrel production process behind the Toasted Barrel line, and the origins of Bomberger's and Shenk's. The portfolio tasting included:
- Un-matured Shively White Dog
- US1 Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- US1 Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Rye
- US1 Toasted Barrel Finish Sour Mash
- Bomberger's Declaration Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- Shenk's Homestead Kentucky Sour Mash Whiskey
- 10 Year Single Barrel Bourbon 2019
- 10 Year Single Barrel Rye 2019
- Fort Nelson Reserve Hand Filled Rye
Thanks to the team at Michter's for helping us close 2019 on a high note.