El Caballito Cerrero • Blanco 46 & Reposado | Tequila
Who Dey price
El Caballito Cerrero is a small but mighty distillery in Amatitan that's considered one of Mexico's best producers of agave spirits. Family-owned and operated since the 1870s, they continue to make micro batches in the old-world style. Their blanco is distilled at a higher proof and bottled at 46% ABV (still strength), which is 6% higher than most tequilas. It's full-bodied with a bold nose. It drinks clean with an earthy flavor upfront, and finishes with agave sweetness and tropical fruit. It's a throwback to pre-industrial blancos. Their reposado, meanwhile, is oak forward and has a mellow sweetness and lower proof.
- Nom 1114
- Region Jalisco, Los Valles
- Cooking Stone / Brick Ovens
- Extraction Roller Mill
- Water Source Natural Spring Water
- Fermentation Natural Yeast. No Fibers. Open-air in Stainless Steel Tanks.
- Distillation Twice Distilled.
- Still Stainless Steel and Copper Pot.
- Proof Blanco 46 - 92 / 46% ABV. Reposado - 80 / 40% ABV.