Cinco Sentidos • Bicuixe-Madrecuixe | Mezcal
Who Dey price
Shipping calculated at checkout.
This limited-release Cinco Sentidos bottling of Bicuixe-Madrecuixe is a post-distillation blend of two batches made by maestro mezcalero Atenogenes Garcia in 2013 and 2014. He and his son José harvested cultivated Madrecuixe and wild Bicuixe agave to craft a spirit that is wildly aromatic with notes of dill, fennel, pine needle, grapefruit rind and petrichor on the nose. The palate is a delightful mix of anis, spring flowers, salty caramel and anis. The finish is mellow yet prolonged.
- Mezcalero Atenogenes Garcia
- Village San Isidiro Guishe, Oaxaca
- Mash Bill 77% Cultivated Madrecuixe (12-15 years). 23% Wild Bicuixe (13-15 years)
- Mill Tahona
- Oven Cooked for six days in underground ovens with rocks and oak
- Fermentation Pine and cypress vats with well water
- Still Double distilled in copper pots
- Proof 96.4 / 48.2% ABV
- Yield 272 Bottles