Bainbridge Wheat Whiskey, Mizunara Cask Finish - Sir Mix-a-Lot
Who Dey price
For this release, two barrels of Battle Point wheat whiskey were hand-selected at Bainbridge Organic Distillers by Keith Barnes, Pierre Auguste, and OJ Lima. The cask strength barrels were combined into a freshly dumped Mizunara oak cask that previously held Yama whiskey. After four months of secondary maturation, the blend clocked in at 132.56 proof. The trio conducted several proofing exercises and decided to bottle the finished whiskey at 100 proof, exclusively for Taste Select Repeat.
- Barrels 16-0191 and 16-0198.
- Age 6 Years, 71 Days (16-0191). 6 Years, 67 Days (16-0198).
- Mash Bill 100% USDA Certified Organic soft white wheat (Williams Organic Farm, WA).
- Cooperage McGinnis (New American white oak. 53 gallon. Char 3). Undisclosed cooperage in Hokkaido, Japan (Mizunara oak. 66 gallon. Japanese Char 3).
- Warehouse #3 (Non-climate controlled). The Stillhouse (climate controlled).
Entry Proof 126 / 63% ABV
- Final Proof 100 / 50% ABV
- Loss 23% (Initial barrels). 7% (Finishing barrel)
- Yield 346 Bottles.