When the chill sets in or a cold takes hold, this age-old cocktail comes to the rescue. With a whiskey base that warms your body, honey and lemon to soothe your throat, and an aroma that opens up your sinuses, the Hot Toddy isn't just a comforting drink; it's a time-tested way to feel better. In its simplicity lies both tradition and practicality, offering comfort on cold nights and a remedy when you're feeling under the weather.
- 2 oz Whiskey (Bourbon or Rye)
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Black Tea Bag
- Hot Water
- Lemon Wheel and Cinnamon Stick for garnish
Hot Toddy Recipe
- Boil water and pour it into a heatproof glass or mug to warm it.
- Add tea bag to the glass and steep for 3-5 minutes. Remove tea bag and discard it.
- Stir in honey until it's dissolved.
- Pour in whiskey and fresh lemon juice.
- Stir gently to combine all ingredients.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and a cinnamon stick.
Hot Remix For a unique twist, try the "Ginny Toddy," by substituting gin for whiskey and garnish with an anise star instead of a cinnamon stick.