Four Roses Private Barrel Challenge
In March we hosted nine members at BLVD Wine Bar in Long Island City for a blind tasting of barrel picks from Four Roses Bourbon. We blinded five picks and used the standard Four Roses Single Barrel as a control. The entrants were:
- Taste Select Repeat (DIY6 Red Cypress) - OESK, 10 Years 6 Months.
- Justins' House of Bourbon (Railbird Festival 2019) - OBSV, 7 Years 7 Months.
- Bourbon Pursuit (Sweet Al) - OESK, 10 Years 6 Months.
- Gary's Wine & Marketplace - OESK, 9 Years 10 Months.
- The Cask Strength Society - OBSQ, 9 Years 4 Months.
- Four Roses Single Barrel (Standard Release) - OBSV, NAS.
In round one, members voted for their top three bottles. The three bottles with the most votes advanced to round two where members cast one vote each for their favorite bottle. The winners were:
1st Bourbon Pursuit (Sweet Al)
2nd Gary's Wine & Marketplace
3rd Taste Select Repeat (DIY6 Red Cypress)
Congratulations to Bourbon Pursuit for taking home the gold!